The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 2 March 1990

Dwelf

‘Long Live The Halflings’ – Stephen Oliver

Today, I saw a little of Fergie and she’s a great talker.  We have so much in common and get along really well.  One major talking point was the eye contact we had been having for a while (our ‘early days’!).  Seems we were both fully aware of what we were doing.  And I’m glad she talks a lot.  It’s just as well because very often I seem to dry up with very little to say.  But sometimes when our conversation lulls, I always make great efforts to struggling hard and help revive it.  Not because I’m uncomfortable, but to continue enjoying something I think is great.  She says she feels the same.

I gave her a small gift: a cast-iron dwarf/elf thing I’ve had about my room for a while.  She loves it and has called it Dwelf.  I’ve been talking a lot about the Tolkien books I’ve been reading lately.  I hope she doesn’t mind.  She seems interested anyway.

‘Ken’ – Kate Bush

Danny Chegwin is going on a course for the whole of next week and this has made Sandra depressed.  I think Fergie also felt quite down too when I told her I was going up to Leeds.

She smells nice, looks nice and… Well, she is nice!  She’s so great and, although I’m not really considering any eventualities (I’m only really considering the here, the now and the friendship), I think, yes!  I would love a relationship with her.  But I’m not truly sure it would ever happen.

But today was lovely, and she’s just excellent.

And another thing.  I never actually realised before today that Fergie’s good friend Mike is in fact the brother of Sasha Cummings.  Remember her?  She was a colleague from my old TS group.  Well, she came into college today and we chatted, though very briefly.

Later:

‘The Prisoner’ – Ron Grainer

I may have a job/Equity card opportunity lined up for when I leave college – if I’m lucky and things go according to plan.  I’m trying not to think about it or pin too many hopes on it as it may not even happen.

Today, I should have gone to the College’s Finance Office to give the proof they need of my letter to Cambs. County Council.  I forgot.  Oh dear.

I wish Chloe Attenborough wouldn’t keep avoiding me.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Watching lots of Doctor Who…’

No comments:

Post a Comment