The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 16 March 1985

Doctor In Distress

‘Easy Lover’ – Phillip Bailey and Phil Collins

Went round town with Dave, then I went to Jayne’s and watched Doctor Who: Timelash (Part Two), which seemed all right, but didn’t make much sense because I didn’t see Part One.

[THE ‘DOCTOR IN DISTRESS’ SINGLE WAS RELEASED AS PART OF THE ‘SAVE DOCTOR WHO’ CAMPAIGN…


Worst record ever made? – Ritcherd, 16th March 1994]

Out of courtesy, I told Jayne I was going to be spending an evening with Tia Purdey (at her request) on the school trip to see A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Fermoy Centre in King’s Lynn next week. I told her because, yes, I do fancy Tia, but I intend to stay loyal to Jayne and don’t want anything getting back to her that isn’t true. She seemed fine about it.

I want to hear ‘Yankee Rose’, the 1979 single by Holly Johnson.


I’m still waiting for my Ro-Busters book to arrive.


OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 3 years ago:
Doctor Who: Earthshock (Part Four) was amazing! Adric died, which was sad but brilliant.’


This time 2 years ago:
Doctor Who: The King’s Demons began tonight. Paul came over to see us, but everyone was out so he watched Doctor Who and ET and Friends with me, till Jack got back.’

[AND 8 MONTHS BEFORE BROADCAST, THE BBC ANNOUNCED THEY WERE TO MAKE DOCTOR WHO: THE FIVE DOCTORS.

PETER DAVISON AND PATRICK TROUGHTON APPEARED ON NATIONWIDE – Ritcherd, 16th March 1994]

This time last year:
‘The new Doctor Who has arrived! Colin Baker (!) made his debut as the Sixth Doctor as Peter Davison’s Fifth Doctor died. I watched and videoed The Caves Of Androzani (Part Four) and the regeneration was brilliant. Really good...

[RIGHT NOW, I’D LOVE TO GET THE COLIN BAKER YEARS VIDEO – Ritcherd, 16th March 1994]

...I also bought some US X-Men comics today.’

[Text Copyright: Elton Townend Jones, 2010 / Images subject to control of Copyright Holder / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / All video clips used for illustrative purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment