The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 20 November 1990

When Santa Got Stuck Up My Chimley

7:30pm
 
‘Flashback Jack’ – Adamski

 
Let me be interesting…
 
I’ve sewn my jacket sleeve up, which Donny ripped in May – and it’s crap!
 
 
I’m also reading both THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS and WATCHMEN again.
 
Bloody Julian goes to Spain on Thursday and that slows THE SITUATION THEATRE CO.’s progress somewhat.  Johnny’s coming over tomorrow to discuss the GRANT PROPOSAL and other business matters.  It goes over my head, it really does, but I’ve got to buckle down to it.  I am convinced that any possibility of getting success in the creative arts lies in getting this company off the ground.  If we get all this talking out of the way then we can get on with the doing – and endeavour to do bloody well!
 
Incidentally, Michael Heseltine and Margaret Thatcher ‘drew’ (to all intents and purposes) in the Conservative leadership battle today.  There will be a 2nd ballot on Tuesday.  If I had to choose between the two, it’d be difficult but I think I’d favour Margaret. 
 
Later:
 
‘In My Life’ – The Beatles

 
Tonite, I put down two new tracks for the Situation/Berwin Christmas cassette.  The first is an unaccompanied poem, ‘When Santa Got Stuck Up My Chimley’ performed by Berwin (me).  I wrote the new lyrics.  The other track was dubbed over Cliff Richard’s ‘Mistletoe and Wine’.  I wrote the lyrics and they’re all about Berwin’s Christmas hero, Ebenezer Scrooge.  I do the Ebenezer vocals and a backing vocal.  It also has quotes from A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens in it.
 
 
[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]
 
Next time: ‘Inspiring Donna…’

No comments:

Post a Comment