The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 3 November 1990

Guinness, Of All Things

RACHEL’S PLACE
 
‘LFO’ – LFO

 
Today, Raquel’s been showing me WINCHESTER + I love it.  Raq is good company.  Better than I ever realised or expected.
 
 
We had lunch at PIZZA HUT and made a mess, then we went to see King Arthur’s table and Jane Austen’s house.
 
Raquel writes:
 
ALLRATE?  WANNAFAIGHT?  IT’S ESS LIVING HERE WITH SOUTHERNERS – BUT WHAT’S THE POINT OF BULLSHITTING THAT YOU POSSESS KING ARTHUR’S ROUND TABLE WHEN IT’S A FACKING PHONEY?  P.S. MY NEW POSTER IS SKILL.  BE SEEING YOU.
 
Later:
 
‘Get A Life’ – Soul II Soul

 
Today, Raq showed me around Winchester and we went to see King Arthur’s round table, the cathedral and the watermeadows.  We did a bit of shopping and ate at Pizza Hut.
 
This evening, we ate at the canteen and got drunk with Helen before going to a pub called THE GREEN MAN.  We then returned to the Lodge for a party which was bloody great.  I was getting on with people – most of them only vaguely – but with Helen like a house on fire.  I felt relieved to not have to follow Raq around like a puppy in a new environment, and thanks to a guy called Tom I got even more drunk – on GUINNESS of all things!  It was also lovely to see Raq moving around the now very wild party, relaxed and confident; settled in; manic, groovy and free; just free, no ties; being herself; free to do what she wants to do; getting loaded and having a good time.
 
So the party was excellent – apart from when I cut my tongue.
 
I did have my hair cut last week, by the way, and I love it.  It’s been thinned out and the sides are shaved.  I had it in a pony today with the back dreadlocked and I really like it.
 
 
[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]
 
Next time: ‘Happy and hopeful…’

No comments:

Post a Comment