The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 23 November 1990

Fondly, Of Flash and Raquel

10:35pm
 
‘The Damage Done’ – The Sisters of Mercy

 
DOCTOR WHO’S 27th BIRTHDAY, 1990.
 
Well, I’ve just been on the ‘phone to Raq and Helen, and it was good.  They must have enjoyed it too because they rang me back almost immediately for another long conversation.  Oh, and hi to Raq’s mate Katie – she seems nice enough.  We talked fondly about Flash and Raq made me realise – as she often does – that Flash has taught me a great deal and that I have taught him much also (if I can be so modest).  We’ve experienced much together.  A kind of vocational rather than academic sharing of stuff.  I’m glad he’s doing well with BERWIN, etc, but I must admit that I do hope he doesn’t leave me behind.  My ideal vision is one of me and him working together in the future as creative partners.  I do think we work very well together and release something in each other that no one else has ever been able to provide.
 
‘A Rock and A Hard Place’ – The Sisters of Mercy

 
I can’t put my SISTERS records down.  Last nite I had an incredible dream about Andrew Eldritch!
 
 
[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]
 
Next time: ‘Greetings from Groomstool Falls…’

No comments:

Post a Comment