The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 30 October 1990

Eight Years From Now: 30/10/1998

Eight Years Into the Future...
 
'Bachelorette' - Bjork
 

 
So, I’ve been living above the crepe restaurant where I am deputy manager for about a month.  It was a good move.  I have a large - nay, MASSIVE - studio apartment dating from the Tudor period with a vast brick fireplace and all the food I want, no rent and plenty of time to write and, wonderfully, access to a man who’ll sell me cannabis.  I live in the centre of the city and my window looks out onto the busy street of Holywell Hill and on to the Cathedral whose bells come to me as a great comfort.
 
During my time here, I’ve also popped back to WSM a couple of times (I’ll be going again soon for the school bonfire night); I’ve been to Johnny’s where I had flu (this, in King’s Lynn) but also much fun; dropped the connection with Janie; spoken to Lili over the phone and been continually in love with her (she told me that Tigger had ripped her neck open but is better now; she also told me that she might move to Boston or Washington State and stay in the US for at least 10 years; god, I love her); I’ve been into DOCTOR WHO a fair bit and realise I now own pretty much every TV story you can get hold of; I’ve stayed at Flash’s; been drinking in Soho with both Flash and Johnny; I had Flash over on Monday night, stoned and in love – really good mates; done loads of writing on my novel; and I’ve been listening to lots of music and generally feeling good.  But also scared; that this stability might end.  Betty and Freddie almost split up too, which was shit.  Whatever next, eh?

'Barry' - GusGus

 
Kiss me, my love.  Come and kiss away the pain.  
 
 
[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]
 
Next time: ‘A Hallowe’en Letter…’

No comments:

Post a Comment