The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 29 August 1990

Elusive Stan

‘Hanky Panky’ – Madonna

A ‘WOMEN’ LIST (no particular order)










5. SOPHIE FISHER







2. MIRANDA WASP




Later:

‘Opening Titles from The Bounty’ – Vangelis

I sprained my ankle at work today, and tonight after cleaning myself up and all that post-work brouhaha, I’m just so ‘out of it’.  My mind can’t grasp any single concept, be it packing my bags or listening to anything, or washing up.  I was well-hungry and cooking some burgers ‘n’ beans felt like a bastard chore.  I got so fucked off; getting violent with the household objects again.  I even tried to punch the fuck out of the kitchen floor.  A bit stupid, that.

Later:

‘Norwegian Wood’ – The Beatles

I’d better mention this now.  I’m sure it’ll be relevant soon.  Today, I had a phone call from the elusive Stan!  He was back down from Leeds, staying at his mum’s and he wanted to see me this weekend.  Obviously, he can’t because I’m going to Southsea, am I not?  Anyway, he’s going back to Leeds next Tuesday and we’ve arranged to meet at BAD on Wednesday at about 1.30pm.  I told him Flash and I are going on holiday and I think he wants to come with us.  As far as I’m concerned, he can if he wants.  I enjoyed his company when Flash was down and it appeals to my sado-masochistic state of mind to have to drag Stan along through the countryside.  A final lads’ adventure that we are unlikely to be able to repeat in years to come.

I’m going to bed soon and I’ll listen to The Beatles as I fall asleep.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Psychological Throwbacks…’

No comments:

Post a Comment