The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 18 July 1990

Purple Haze

7.30pm

‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ – Powerjam

No letter from the Woman Herself.  Never mind.

THE SISTERS OF MERCY, NOV 24 + 26, TICKETS: £12.50
I’VE DECIDED I’M DEFINITELY GOING.

I had to go to King’s Lynn today.  I’m trying to avoid the place, but I went to see Larry Goodgirl’s solicitor to give a statement as part of the ongoing nonsense.

I also bought my fortnightly reprieve from reality, CRISIS (for the excellent NEW ADVENTURES OF HITLER, now sadly ended).


One year ago today, Miranda was writing to me…

I hope tomorrow is the day I get a letter this year.

‘Purple Haze’ – Jimi Hendrix

I rang Stan’s home in Tilney, or wherever it was that he lived.  Russell answered and told me that Stan’s finally gone to Leeds, which is a real piss-off.  I have come to like Stan again; I felt that when he came to stay and when he saw us in The Angel (with Flash, etc) that we’d found each other again.

Oh, I’d just like to add that much of the Dance Music that is coming out at the moment is fucking shite.  All that MC Hammer, Turtles, and Bobby Brown shite is taking over.  Bollocking crap.  I think the bubble’s finally burst.

TONITE’S LOVEJOYThe Axeman Cometh.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘The Rain Song…’

No comments:

Post a Comment