The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 11 June 1990

My 20th Birthday

LATE

‘Birthday’ – The Beatles

I am 20 years old.  I’m also ill with what feels like flu.  In June.  Not pleased about that latter.




College is crap.  There’s problems with the Examiner cos Larry hasn’t done something or other regarding the criteria for our marks or something.  Useless bloody donger.

Amy got me a card, and so did Lilith (telling me she loves me).

Spent the morning with Fergie who bought me hot choc ‘n’ toast in CROFTERS.

Saw Peter briefly. 

‘Jazzie’s Groove’ – Soul II Soul

Went to the pub with Jonny and Donny (hey!).  Jonny and I talked a lot for the 1st time in absolute ages.  I think sometimes he tries to be too be too ‘serious, sensible and ‘grown up’, but he’s still a good lad.  He’s definitely more distant with me now, but I do care about him.

And good on Gemma Winchester who baked me a gorgeous cake for my 20th, which is ever so good of her.  God bless her!  Though now I’m being hypocritical and using the concept of an omnipotent Christian deity –time I stopped saying stupid things like that!  Erm.  Maybe I mean, ‘May Gemma Winchester have oops upside her head for the rest of her days!’

I asked Donny how many out of ten he thought she fancied me.  He said 15.

‘FX’ – A Guy Called Gerald

I bought CRISIS today and THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HITLER is brilliant.




I got some records today, too:  PWEI’s ‘replay’ of ‘TOUCHED BY THE HAND OF CICCIOLINA’ and MC Tunes VS 808 State with the magical ‘The Only Rhyme That Bites’.  I love MC Tunes; been after one of his waxings for a while.  As for the Poppies, well, ‘Cicciolina’ is bloody gorgeous and the video is ace.






TALES OF TERROR was grate tonite.




Donna Davidson rang me tonite.  She’s changed all her plans again and is going back to Cirencester this week, to find a job away from her hassles.  It’s a good move.  I’m glad she’s going.  She’ll be better off there.




[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Ironing out the ego…’

No comments:

Post a Comment