The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 19 June 1990

God-like

VERY EARLY

‘People Hold On’ – Coldcut

London was odd in retrospect.


I mean, it was good, and very educational, once you get over the feeling that you are very insignificant in the universe’s little scheme of things.  Then you go through a phase of Demoralisation Lethargy, which oddly gives way to Thirst For Universal Domination Mode and then the Realisation Catharsis.

Mmm.  Boring.

Anyway.  It’s not connected with London or anything, so I don’t know why I’m mentioning it now, but Amy Neat (now back on very good terms with me) has been telling people that I am the only example she has come across in her life as a Truly Perfect Human Being.  She says she really believes me to be a God-like figure; she says she thinks I am ‘at one with the universe, totally and utterly’.  This is, of course, very flattering.  What else can one say?  I only wish it were true.

‘Oops Upside your Head’ – Snap!

Fergie rang me and we won’t be going out this week, which is a bugger.

And, god, I still want to see Audrey.  She never rang me, as promised, so I reckon it’s up to me to get in touch.

Peter Conti rang also.  He’s been thanking me for the TS notes I lent him as they were all directly focussed towards the exam he had yesterday.  He wants to come over and meet Flash at the weekend.  This’ll be very interesting; combining our three different senses of humour.  Maybe we could even write a little something.

Well, we’ll see.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Bored Meanderings…’

No comments:

Post a Comment