The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 22 June 1990

DNA Soul Baby

EARLY

‘I Want You’ – The Beatles

NATALIA WNEK PROMISED TO RING ME.  SHE HASN’T.  WHY DO GIRLS PROMISE TO RING AND THEN DON’T BOTHER?

GUESS WHO I HAVEN’T SEEN AROUND TOWN LATELY?  YES, BEATRICE WASP.  SO IS IT ALL DEFINITELY OVER?  NO MORE SEQUELS?  NO ‘BMW PART 4’?  NOW?  NOW, AS OUR 5 YEARS LOOMS ON THE HORIZON?

I know my trouble.  I’m too young – at heart and mentally.  It’s as if I’m still not over my teenage years yet.  I want to doss around with my mates, getting wrecked; being me, with my twisted hair and psychedelic tops and cut-off jeans: a DNA SOUL BABY bouncing round with all the girls, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll I can find.  Instead, I’ve got to be a clean-cut fucking bimbo.  It’s a piss.

I wish I could make tonnes of money over the next year, then settle down for a bit – a summer not doing much – just being me; a nice little Soul Punk, lolling along with my mates (my DHSS mates at this rate!).

FUCK!

I WANT FAME, MONEY, MUSIC + WOMEN!
NOW!

‘We Call It Acieed’ – D-Mob

Minor Points & Things To Bear In Mind
Freddie’s been on at me about Flash coming to stay at the bungalow.  He believes we ‘act like a pair of kids’ – what?!  Is he still caught up in some kind of 1986 time-warp, or what?  Anyway, Betty gave him a right load of jyp about it.  So that’s all right.

I want to go into College next week.  Probably Wednesday, to see Williams (and I s’pose I can show Flash it).  I’ll go Wednesday, yeah, cos I’ve got to see the DHSS people on that day at 10.45am, to sign.

Oh, and there’s a fashion show on Tuesday at Isle College.  If it’s dead cheap, I’ll go.  I’m imagining Wendy Mackintosh’s work will be showcased and I’d like to support her.

Later:

‘Dream Within A Dream’ – Propaganda

Well, tonite, I went to The Angel and spoke briefly to Emily and AngelaAsh was at home, so I spent time with Mooney and Mike.  We then went to The White Lion and met up with Stefan and some other mates who I didn’t know.  We were, of course, joined by Marcus, the extremely hilarious other half of Mooney’s band, The Black Dahlias.  Marcus has gone a bit mad lately; like me, he’s finding himself lost in Dance Music.



Well, I had a pleasant night and a few pints of bitter.  And afterwards, we wandered around the town for a bit.  Mooney and I agreed that we ought to make this summer as good as last year’s, so we’re hoping to make trips out to the Showcase, Castle Rising, Barnes Bysea and the like and hopefully have a few parties, too.  Probably won’t happen, but it’s given me some cheery optimism.

I cycled home and it felt weird, pissed as I was.  I biked by BMW’s.  Well, I had to, didn’t I?  Well, I like to think I did.  The fact that it’s on one of my possible routes home kind of validates it.  From what I could tell (all the lights were out), she’s no longer still living in the area.  It’s just the feeling I got.

Never mind.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Spock and his Viking…’

No comments:

Post a Comment