The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 18 May 1990

Terminal Stuff

‘Memory of a Free Festival’ – David Bowie

This morning, of course, Lilith was pressing with the ‘why did you kiss me?’ business.  I said, ‘I wanted to’ and left it that. 

Why can’t people see a kiss as an expression of great love, respect or, frankly, just lust?  It doesn’t have to be the seal on a contract or some kind of eternal betrothal. 

It never ceases to amaze me.

I spent the rest of the day with Donny.  We went around town and into a café called HOB NOBS.  We followed this with a trip to Donna’s.  Double D was, of course, cleaning out her room and packing boxes with all her possessions in readiness to leave College and return to Cirencester.  Terminal stuff, eh?

‘Rich In Paradise (Going Back To My Roots)’ – FPI Project

Whilst over at Donna’s, I got talking to one of the make-up artists called Sara.  She’s worked on many of our productions, but this was my first full conversation with her.  I enjoyed it greatly.  She’s from Yorkshire and we had fun discussing our ever-adapting accents and how ‘up north’ we get more northern and ‘down south’ we get more southern.  She was very nice and I enjoyed the chat.

Later on, DD’s dad and (very attractive) step-mum came over and I was pleased to finally meet them properly.

For some reason this afternoon, I felt compelled to avoid Lilith.  So I did.  Until she found me.  I get ‘empty’ about her sometimes, y’know.  But then I suppose it’s wrong of me to have changing moods and emotions…

Oh, Leo lent me some MARSHAL LAW comics and they’re brilliant.



[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Rough yoghurt…’

No comments:

Post a Comment