The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 12 May 1990

Seven Years From Now: 12/05/1997

Seven Years From Now...

‘You’re Not Alone’ – Olive

FERGIE and I eventually got up at 12pm.

After baths and bathroom admiration, we went into town; looking in charity shops and having lunch in JK PALMERS.

Eventually, my beautiful friend had to go and it was sad to see her off, but off she did go.

I love my friend.

I was then left in a quandary: should I go to campus and meet JEMIMA at 8pm for a drink or not?  I almost decided to just go home, but in the end I went into uni.

At college, I bumped into KATE (for the first time since Election Night) and it was just brilliant to see her.  She’s lovely.  I made some arrangements with her for the forthcoming final week of this term and then she went home. 

God, how much do I like her?

‘Song 2’ – Blur

I then spent 2 hours in the library, revising GERMAN, before heading to JEMIMA’s.  I was early and we ended up going for a drink at THE ROUNDBUSH, just outside campus.


I was unsure about it all, and JEMIMA seemed to be pleading tiredness, but after much conversation, we really did start to get along.

Anyway, JEMIMA drove me home, and she seems very keen to go out again, so I’ve got to ring her next week, maybe. 



[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘More from 1997…’

No comments:

Post a Comment