The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 23 May 1990

Leavers' Disco

‘God Knows I’m Good’ – David Bowie

Today was Leaver’s Disco day.

Donny and I talked to Fergie and Kate a bit during College.  And when I saw Jonny, I asked him if it was okay for me to change at his house for the disco.

This evening, when I got to Jonny’s I changed clothes, but he only said about two sentences to me – and that was it all night.  But his lovely mum made me some dinner and said to me that no matter what things were like between him and me I am always welcome to stay or go for my tea.  She said they were always happy to see me, which really touched me.

‘Get Up!’ – Technotronic

The disco was good.  All the friends were there: Donna, Donny, Caroline, Cheryl, Leo, Kirby, Joni and lots of new people I’ve never spoken to before.


Well, I drank a few, I’ll admit.  Fergie was there and we talked ourselves to death and found ourselves hugging and so forth – until we moved into an extremely long kiss.  One of life’s important kisses, I’d venture.  But somehow we parted during the night and I later heard she was having a few troubles with her best mate, Gary, who finally admitted to loving her.  Obviously, she DOESN’T love him…

Sitting alone, I was eventually accosted by Double D’s friend Sara, who was all over me – which was something I didn’t really want, to be honest, so I made quick my escape.

Amy got off with some bloke and had a long kiss with Leo behind Cheryl’s back.  I thought that was a bit horrible, because Cheryl’s so nice.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

Next time: ‘Ritch’s new boyfriend…’

No comments:

Post a Comment