The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 4 April 1990

Weird President's Ball

‘Vogue’ – Madonna

Today: a day of clearing stuff up.

In the evening, after tea and a few beers at Jonny’s, I went to meet Fergie and her friend Cassandra at the Bus Station.  We went to the Wenns and then to the Regis Rooms for THE PRESIDENT’S BALL.

It was good at The Disco and a lot of friends were present.  Fergie had been constantly suggesting I’d end up getting off with Chloe or Amy, which I strongly denied.  I just wanted to ‘get off’ with Fergie; I mean, it is something like two weeks since we started kissing in private.  Why not throw all caution to the wind, like she’d suggested, and kiss in public?

Luckily, she did, eventually, take hold of me and kiss me longingly and lovingly for all to see.  And that was it.  All night we were ‘going together’.  But at one point, we went outside and sat by the road, where she got upset at betraying Mickey – and then succumbed, as I did, to a deal more kissing.

‘She Bangs The Drums’ – Stone Roses

When Fergie left to go home, I walked Amy home across The Walks to Plaxtole House.  On the way, Kat joined us, and when Amy had gone, she walked back with me talking about how much she loves me.  She was crying a hell of a lot, which made me feel quite upset.  I’m sorry, Kat; it just can’t be.

I gave her a hug and said I had to go.  She stood there under a street lamp as I turned to leave, waving goodbye.  And just as I turned, she pissed herself.  I almost couldn’t believe what I’d just seen and when I turned to look back at her she’d completely disappeared.

Yet again, I’m staying at Jonny’s.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Birth of Frankenstein…’

No comments:

Post a Comment