The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 19 April 1990

Step On

I HAVE READ DOCTOR WHO: THE RESCUE TONIGHT – IT’S EXCELLENT.



Later:

11.10pm



TUCKED UP IN BED AT QPD WITH A CAN OF TETLEY’S BEST BITTER AND PHOTOS OF FERGIE

‘Cursum Perficio’ – Enya

I’ve been at Elbow’s today, for perhaps the last time and he’s done me a couple of videos of the old nostalgic WHO.

My God!  All of you bastards out there.  Listen to ‘Cursum Perficio’ by Enya and despair.  Oh the passion it ignites within me.

Today, there was thunder and lightning and rain.  Was it good?  Of course it was.



TETLEY!

TETLEY!

WHAT A SHIT NAME…

FERGIE!  OH, I MISS YOU LIKE FUCK!

These photographs of Fergie are gorgeous.  I mean, I love the one where she’s sitting on the floor, whilst Fergie loves the portrait.  Either one, she’s gorgeous.  She’s an angel; a daughter of elves; the bright star of my dusky life.  Mind you, all my relations say she looks like Betty did in the mid ‘60s, which is a bit weird.  Kind of pleasant, but definitely fucking weird; in fact, it was my Dad who stunned me the most with that one.  But I’ve so much of her up here with me: all her letters, the last package she sent, the tapes she lent me, the photos, her leaf, the bangles and the friendship band, the photography course poster she was on.

But I still panic about her loyalty to me.

There’s an irony in there somewhere, Children.


FERGIE, D’YOU LOVE ME, CUZ I LUV THEE!

How long does it take for a letter to travel second class?  Is it three days?

Oh.  As you may have guessed, she hasn’t replied to my letter of last Friday yet.  I won’t ‘phone her until she does so.  Otherwise, what’s the point? 

Am I stupid for thinking something’s ‘gone wrong’?  Maybe she’s thinking, ‘Fuck off, you jyppy, spotty, car-less, money-less bastard; I’m not gonna be arsed to write to you, cos Barry drives and he’s in a band and he’s got long hair…’

OH AYE!  Don’t fail to count on at least ONE of the above, kiddies!

I’ve a mind to ring Sandra and suss the facts, y’know…

LET’S THINK ABOUT THIS…
The letter was sent on Friday, did its first day’s movement on Saturday, remained static on Sunday and Easter Monday, did its second day on Tuesday and its third on Wednesday, when it may or may not have finally arrived.  Failing that, it arrived today.  FECK!

I expect this means that she obviously can’t have read it till today.  And won’t reply till at least tomorrow.  So any return’ll arrive on Saturday, or even fucking Monday – by which time I’ll be back home!

WHAT A DILLAN I’VE BEEN.

And today I’ve sent her a letter, getting a bit irate about her lack of reply; voicing all my fears.  SHIT.  I was being far too previous.  That’s torn the bastard.

I’m so het up about it all, y’know.

‘Africa’ – History featuring Q-Tee

I rang Amy Neat for a chat – I thought she might be a sympathetic ear – but she wasn’t in.  Maybe that’s for the best.  She’d probably say ‘TOLD YOU SO’ or something similar.

MUST RING JONNY TOMORROW SO HE GOES TO THE WENNS.

It does me in, all this.  It really does, tha ‘noz.

BOLLOCK!

GO AWAY!


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘No Fun…’

No comments:

Post a Comment