The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 21 April 1990

Fatal Attraction

A.M.

‘Ran Tan Waltz’ – Kate Bush

Going to my Dad’s for the day today. 

Home tomorrow.

I’ve enjoyed it up here, but I can’t wait to get back.

Roll on, Monday; let’s get this sorted, Fergie.  Let’s sort out what went wrong after you said you’d finish with Mickey but only if we became an ‘item’ – what happened to that little plan? 

When I got together with you in the Wenns I asked you if we were now ‘officially together’.  I now remember you saying, ‘I’m my own person now and I can do what I like’.  I clearly misinterpreted the evasiveness of your reply.  Let’s get that one sorted, too.  Once and for bastard all.

I love you, Mary-Jane, and I can only hope you love me too.

Later:

‘Duel’ – Propaganda

Saw Flash today, for perhaps the last time in a while to come.  Raquel’s giving him a lot of trouble.  He’s no longer in love, of course, but she’s obsessed to the point of fatal attraction.  She could jeopardise his future at Oxford if she continues to be as vindictive as she is being.  Poor lad was in a state today – it was a shame I had to leave him.


Spent the rest of the day with my Dad and Annie, which proved to be very enjoyable.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Doctor Who: Death to Time!’

No comments:

Post a Comment