The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 19 February 1990

Subjects for Idle Gossip

At NORCAT

‘O Elbereth Gilthoniel’ – Stephen Oliver

LILITH MACMILLAN
Well, my ‘god friend’ Lili hasn’t been in touch with me or her family, though she has written to her friend Mason, it turns out.  Abby and her family are annoyed with her and virtually set to disown her.

Having not seen her for a good few weeks now, I think it might be best that we don’t stay in touch.  Best to just let it be.

GIRL AT COLLEGE WITH GINGER HAYRE
It has come to light that she goes out with a guy from KES 6th Form, but still we’re sharing glances, not just in passing now, but also across the Common Room.  Because of this, I wanted to make some kind of contact, so I bought a Valentine’s card from the Spar Shop.  And even though they only had pretty tacky ones left, I wrote it to her and Rita delivered it to her for me.  I think she was surprised.

Later:

‘Pacific’ – 808 State

Since receiving the card (she may in fact not even be entirely 100% certain that it’s from me) GIRL AT COLLEGE WITH GINGER HAYRE now walks over to any of her friends that sit near me in the Common Room and talks to them whilst seeming to be checking me out.  It’s good fun.

Jonny Badcock tells me he believes Julian Ward is gay.  And yes, this seems to be a distinct possibility.  I think Julian’s fallen out with me for some reason, though.  Oh well, I’m sure it’ll heal over.

As for Jonny, he’s not only seeing but also doing everything in the book with his ex, Janie, behind Missy’s back.  Be careful, Jonny.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Mary-Jane Ferguson…’

No comments:

Post a Comment