The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 30 January 1990

Reece and Jude

QPD

‘Tomorrow Never Knows’ – The Mission

PLACEMENT
This morning, Jude took the main actors aside for one-to-ones in which she discussed their roles with them.

The company went through half the play this afternoon, doing a kind of rough ‘run’.  Jude oversaw this and the developments were very interesting.

I spoke with Joan, who had been involved in TEMBA THEATRE and we realised we’d both done work at the KLCA.  Joan, amazingly, performed in MOTHER POEM at the KLCA the week after I did THE CHINESE PLAY there and remembered my name from the programme!

I later spent some time chatting with Reece who explained to me that even though most of the cast were new to the play, he and Jude had been discussing it regularly since the end of November.

Jude then took time to chat to me, which was very kind.  She told me I could come into the Theatre at any time I desired and use the place as my own.  She gave me computer codes for the doors to the Green Room, the Rehearsal Room, the Admin Offices, etc.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Selling the plot…’

No comments:

Post a Comment