The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 23 January 1990

Only Losers Take The Bus

6.45am

I’m about to go into College.  I hope she’ll be in today.

Later:

10am

‘Tequila’ – Head of David

It’s raining so hard outside and the wind is wild.  I hope to see Lilith.  You never know, she just might make it today.

Later:

TEST OF COMPASSION COSTUME
Donna Davidson and I are in the position of being the Costume Design Team on this production.  We have been making an outline/plan of our intentions, as I know I’m going to be away for some time during pre-production.  We have decided therefore that Donna should take the role of Head of Costume and that I will take on the position of Wardrobe Assistant.

We intended to hire costumes from CAMBRIDGE ARTS THEATRE – as we had done previously with MANSFIELD PARK – but due to budgetary restrictions we have had to forego the idea. 

In discussion with Kenneth Farnham – the director – we’ve agreed that we won’t create our own costumes from scratch (due to lack of ability and authenticity).  We’ll discuss what happens next at the budget meeting.

Later:

LATE

‘Only Losers Take The Bus’ – Fatima Mansions

Yet again, Lili didn’t come in.

Mind you, a girl called Daryl came up to me today and asked me if I had anything against one of her friends, Ian (the guy who asked Lilith out last term).  Daryl told me that he thinks I hate him and was going to beat him up.  I told her to reassure him that I’m not.  Why should I hate him?  I haven’t even had time to remotely assess him as an individual.  Mind you, there are a few others of Lili’s acquaintance around the Common Room that I dislike, but that’s because of the impression they give me.  Anyway, Ian seems vaguely likeable.

Where were you, Lilith?


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Wrote for luck…’

No comments:

Post a Comment