The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 21 December 1989

Heart of Sadness

‘Def Con One’ – Pop Will Eat Itself

Today, Julian + Jonny + I went to Norwich in Julian’s Sierra and ate chilli pizzas (yeow!) in Pizza Hut.

Julian bought me the 12-inch of ‘Getting Away With It’ by Electronic for Christmas (which was great of him and would be even greater if my turntable wasn’t currently fucked!).



Then I said goodbye to the lads as – after I dropped a Xmas card at Miranda Wasp’s house - they dropped me off home.

Later:

5pm

This household is dead.  I’ll explain why later.  It’s sad.

Later:

10pm

I’m tidying my room.

Just one thing…

I really don’t understand why the Americans were so useless in the Vietnam War.  Why couldn’t they achieve more than they did?  It’s difficult for me to comprehend that they made so little impact. 

Anyway.  That’s irrelevant.

Later:

11pm

My No.1: ‘Getting Away With It’ by Electronic

I’ve been away from home since Monday morning.  I arrived back here tonight at about 5pm-ish, to some very grave news.

This morning, at about 6.30am-ish, Freddie had a heart attack and is currently in King’s Lynn hospital recovering.  He’s much better than he was, but it’s not over by a long chalk.  All the recent family tribulations suggested that we might be heading towards this (he had a heart attack some years ago).  Nevertheless, here we are. 

I hope he gets well soon, is all I can really say.  It’s not a nice thing to happen to him.

As for me, I’m tired.  It’s been an indulgent and mindfucking week.  I’ll report on that, soon.

WENDY GOT IN TOUCH WHILST I’VE BEEN AWAY!


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Closing down the ‘80s…’

No comments:

Post a Comment