The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 23 December 1989

Disappointing Girls

5.40pm

‘I Should Have Known Better’ – Wire

The news about Freddie was sad to hear but at present he’s recovering well and should be out of hospital by New Year’s Eve

All the best, Freddie.

I went out to meet Natalia and her mum today, but when I arrived Nat wasn’t there, just her mum.  Basically, Natalia hadn’t yet returned home from a party.  Her mum rang her, but she was too blitzed to come out.  She said she’ll give me a ring some time.

Also saw Legs and Ash.  Legs reckons he was on acid last nite.  He also saw Miranda Wasp.  So she’s around, then.



Oh god, Amy rang tonite + apologised for the bad timing of her letter to me during our family tragedy.  But I didn’t know what she was talking about, at which she realised that the letter obviously hasn’t arrived yet.  After saying she apologises for the timing but not the content, she rang off.

‘Hi Mr Logan’ – Baby Ford

Anyway.  Got some good post this morning: a card from Berwin Groomstool (I suppose), a card (and cheque) from Dad + Annie, and a card and letter from Wendy at last.

Wendy’s letter – addressed to ‘JEZ’ – told me she was really sorry for leaving Wisbech earlier than intended.  She was fed up and feeling homesick, so she just did it on impulse.  She says she called a couple of times on that Tuesday night between 8 - 8.30pm, but there was no answer.  She says her feelings for me haven’t changed and she still wants to see me next term if I’d like to.  She says she feels a bit guilty about just leaving without saying goodbye, but wants to be able to spend time with me and annoy me in the new year.  She asks me to take care and sends me lots of love with four kisses.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Christmas Eve 1989…’

No comments:

Post a Comment