The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 14 December 1989

Blown-Out and Low

My No.1: ‘Pacific 707’ by 808 State

Amy sent me a card today, saying this:

‘To Ritcherd, just a little card to say sorry for acting like a complete and total idiot last night.  I’m really sorry and it won’t happen again (the irritating stuff not the kissing!).  Lots of love, Amy xxxxx’

On the bus home, in this bastard rain, I felt very close to another major female in my life, Joni .  She was very cute due to having a hangover from last nite’s tech disco.

On reaching home, I was disappointed to hear that Wendy hasn’t been in touch.  Sick as hell, in fact.  So I rang her lodgings and the landlady told me that she returned to Cornwall yesterday.

I don’t believe it.  Wendy, is this a blow-out?

Later:

10.15pm

‘Getting Away with It’ – Electronic

Rang Flash.  I was going to visit Yorkshire this weekend, but now I shall not.  He’s too busy, which is fair enough.  His experiences taking acid and encountering Mr Dairv from Lola’s sound interesting…

And my bastard RAINBOW FAYRE beads have gone.  Lost them.

ME LATELY


Strawberry Girl is going well.  Put each other off a lot today.  Very naughty.

I do feel that William and I should have spent a little more time during the writing process in re-jigging the end.  Poor Will had to rush an ending due to my Mansfield commitments.  I would perhaps have brought the song ‘Happiness’ in after the Queen + Berwin have been sorted out, then sort out the sisters, then a reprise of the song.  That said, there have already been many times now where we’ve had to adapt and adjust.  I think every single day of the run so far has seen us have to change something to fit the space or the time-slot.  The show is now a very different animal to the original script, I reckon.

It’s feeling pretty successful now.  There’s a feeling of elation that comes with reaching a level of… well, not ‘perfection’, but something close.  The whole thing is going like clockwork now.  It’s going really well.

God, I feel sad.  Empty.  Pissed off.

Why, though?

Well, I dunno.

I want to cry, I feel so low.  So upset.

Why?

I don’t know.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Bedroom ski-ing…’

No comments:

Post a Comment