The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 6 November 1989

A Lovely Day

7.30am

Just had a terrible dream.  ‘Bout an hour ago.  In it, I got to Tech and sat talking with Gemma who put her Filofax on the arm of my chair.  Things were ACE, then Tom Gray came in.  And she sat on his lap and… GOD!  They kissed and she told me she’d ‘got off’ with him over the weekend.

I hated it.

Later:

8.30pm

‘Never Be Mine’ – Kate Bush


It’s been a lovely day.  It’s freezing out, but the air just felt what you might call ‘nippy’.  Lovely.  It’s the autumn imagery: brown leaves being kicked underfoot.  Cold air and Christmas on its way.  And the bonfire smell.

It was, of course, a fantastic Gemma day.  I met up with her this morning – still a little unsure of myself – dying to kiss her.  And lots of Drama students giving us ‘surprised’ looks.

Well, after a particularly badly-attended BUT good MP rehearsal, I met Gemma at 1pm.  After discovering her car had a flat battery, we walked into KL and had a coffee in DEBENHAMS and, of course, chatted at great length.  I told her about my dream, but left out the bit about TG.  She told me she’d dreamed of me, and that she’d fallen out with me and hated me.  Then, a little embarrassed, she told me why she’d fallen out with me and admitted it was a bit of a paranoia excursion: in the dream I ‘got off’ with Emma.  Of course, at this I came clean about the TG bit of my dream and we laughed.  Then we found ourselves kissing, holding each other arm-in-arm and generally being and feeling beautiful together.

 
We moved on to CROFTERS, making a mess of the milk and salt and pepper as we chatted and daring each other to taste it.  It all felt silly and funny and good.  Damned good.  I’ve found a new kind of happiness and I can’t contain it!  To feel so good about Gemma Winchester is incredible.  It’s also fresh.  And totally UNforced.  We kiss and it’s like ace.  Even though our mouths don’t totally fit.  And she’s so mature, but with a mad streak (like me?).  And she’s really not afraid to be silly.

I’ll see my LIBRA GIRL tomorrow and I can’t wait.  Even it will only be for an hour.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Babysitting the Irresponsible…’

No comments:

Post a Comment