The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 29 October 1989

Stan Cops Off With Gemma

6pm

‘DESTINY BECKONS.  WE RIDE THE BACK OF TIME…’


I’m listening to ‘Is This The Life?’ by the Cardiacs and thoroughly enjoying it.

I’ll take this opportunity to say a few vague things, I’m only applying to one Higher Ed. Place: Bretton Hall.  The rest seem to put me off.  Quite honestly though, I don’t think I can afford to go to any kind of university and again, I’m not entirely sure I want to now.  But money is going to be the determining factor, even assuming I got an interview or was offered a place.  Larry says I should go, but I don’t really think I can count on financial support from the family, so in all honesty I just think I’m paying lip service to an idealistic notion rather than a practical reality.  Heigh-ho.

But more than anything, I want to take a moment to say that 1989 has been the happiest and most optimistic year of my life.  Life, as it stands, is fantastic.  I love the bugger!

It’s now time for Kate’s first LP.

‘Moving’ – Kate Bush


AND NOW FOR THE MAIN NEWS STORY…

Stan rang me earlier on.  And what a little bugger he is.  On arriving back home on Friday, he rang Gemma to see if she wanted to go out with him for a drink to the Wenns.  She did.  So they sat and chatted, talked and talked, and decided that it shouldn’t be just Four Musketeers, going everywhere and doing things, it should be eight: Ritcherd, Stan, Johnny, Julian, Chloe, Sara, Emma and Gemma.  That’s a great idea if we can put it into practice.  These are, after all, the people I would love to spend my final Tech days with.  I mean, WOW!  We could have a GLORIOUS eight months together.  Good idea.  I’m sure we all discovered we’re all corresponding Star Signs or something.  No wonder we’re all mates.

Anyway, down to the nitty gritty.  Stan took Gemma back to his place and they ‘got off’ with each other.  And spent most of this weekend together.  In bliss.  Stan wanted so much to start ‘going out’ with her, but she said a little voice was telling her not to as she doesn’t want to get involved with anyone just yet.  And so she left him, on a happy note, but now he’s feeling confused.  Anyway, he’s getting his hair cut soon (as am I, incidentally) and is planning on staying ‘trendy’.  I think I’m pleased for him.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Ritch’s Day with Gemma…’

No comments:

Post a Comment