The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 7 September 1989

BTEC Gang Update


10.50pm





It’s been a long day today.  But I proved my worth by knowing far more about MANSFIELD PARK than any other class member – except perhaps Rita.  The result of this led to my helping Larry organise the Acting Techniques session.


MY CURRENT VIEWS ON MY FELLOW BTEC STUDENTS


Will Daniels

Very good.  I wish he’d spend more time at College than at work though.  He does amuse me.


Daniel Abbott

A great guy.  He manages to be both a brilliant professional and an immature pain in the arse.  I do love him though.  Fuck, he’s funny.


Kenneth Farnham

Nondescript in a sad way.  Just about tolerable.


Kat Hill

Good.  I just wish she was a little more open and a lot less bitter.


Jolene Morse

She’s nice and I really like her, but I get the impression she can be fickle.


Marita Huckle

Very nice, but she looks like she might end up with the wrong crowd.


Jodie Ratcliffe

Great, but a bit much for me sometimes.


Donna Davidson

A wonderful girl, but I wish she’d lose the schoolgirl streak.


Tracey Joyce

Nice, cheerful, zany and a lot more relaxed and happy for having finished with Marco.


Johnny Badcock

The best.  I am proud to have him as a mate.


‘Sat In Your Lap’ – Kate Bush



AMY

Spent a little while with her today.  Got a bit annoying when her mate Missy declared that she’d thought I was gay.  FUCK OFF.  Amy and Missy have a friend called Gigi and she’s nice, too.  Amy’s dead relaxed most of the time, but she too gets very immature now and again, acting much less than her 17 years.  I don’t know where things will go.  She seems very interested in me and she talks to Johnny about me quite a lot.  They walked home together tonite.  I’m having that sudden worry she’ll tell him she’s not interested any more. 


HEY FOLKS!

DARLING MAGGIE RANG!  SHE’S ACE! SHE’S COMING TO SEE ME ON TUESDAY!


MY TOP FIVE JAMES BOND FILMS


5. OCTOPUSSY (Moore)

4. ON HER MAJESTY’S SECRET SERVICE (Lazenby)

3. LIVE AND LET DIE (Moore)

2. THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS (Dalton)

1. LICENCE TO KILL (Dalton)



My favourite Connery is FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

My least favourite Bond movie is FOR YOUR EYES ONLY


Later:


YES, AND LATER…


‘Pam’ – Michael Kamen



I feel a bit guilty having looked at some of the things I’ve written lately.  I said some very negative things about Flash and in some ways that feels like a betrayal of our friendship.  After all, we are good friends and that stuff I wrote about whilst on holiday happens very rarely when I’m around.  Hmm.  I suppose the way he’s occasionally been in recent months has scared me.  He has a side to him I’ve never really known till this year.  But I don’t want to fall out with him, I love him.  So, I just want to say I don’t dwell on the bad times when we’re apart, I really don’t.  And I guess my thoughts about ‘love’ that morning they were fucking in the hotel room were really an exploration of my own feelings and needs regarding relationships.  In some ways, I’m kind of grateful to them both for falling out the night before, because it helped me analyse this stuff, helped my understanding of myself and did much to clear my mind.







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘More About Amy…’

No comments:

Post a Comment