The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 13 September 1989

Berkoff's Austen

Dearest diary, it’s 9pm.  And dark outside.

‘If There Was A Man’ – The Pretenders


Today, we have drifted, it seems.  We seemed so diametrically opposed to each other.  Which was awful and we both said so.  Despite this, neither of us seemed able or willing to change the mood we found ourselves in.  I think last nite’s worry carried over into today.  Maybe things will be better tomorrow.

I really like her.  But I’m unsure about pursuing things too quickly.

As far as College goes, we’re busy.  Larry has adapted Mansfield Park into script form and I have been given the task of directing it in a Berkovian style (after Steven Berkoff, who appears in OCTOPUSSY).  Larry’s still talking about us taking it to London, which is all quite exciting, but I won’t hold my breath!

Maggie was supposed to ring.  She hasn’t yet.  I’m annoyed.

Listening to The Mission lately has provoked me into composing a letter to Manda Jones.  Signed and sealed!  Next stop: Tasmania!

On Friday, I could be doing something VERY interesting!  I won’t say what just yet.  In case it doesn’t happen.  But you never know.


Goodbye.

Later:

 
DOCTOR WHO’s okay.  Well, it’s dead good actually, but if you want criticism, my only one is this: when I’m watching it, I just think I might have made a better job of it.  Still, other than that, I am enjoying it.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘A Letter from the Doctor…’

No comments:

Post a Comment