The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 20 September 1989

Amy Neat On Hold

‘Get Out Of My House’ – Kate Bush


Dream:
 
Last nite, I was in Bowness-On-Windermere with the Brigadier, hiding in Bill’s FISH RESTAURANT from some Doctor Who menace. 
 
 
We escaped out of a window, only to be pursued by Sontarans who then expanded like balloons until they popped!

I’ve been busy with Mansfield Park again today and I’m finding this ‘routine’ Amy and I have developed already very dull.  And I do wish I hadn’t found myself so bored, I do.  You may well say I haven’t given the situation enough time to develop and grow, but it really isn’t destined to change.

Amy confronted me with the truth today; that things aren’t working out.  I had to agree, so we’ve called the whole thing off, which is sad because part of me doesn’t want to and I also really don’t want to hurt her.  I do like her a great deal, but I’m so busy and under pressure that I cannot give any more to her than I can my course or MP.  But I do want to be her close friend.  Like before.

Right now, I really want to tell her I love and ask her if we can forget we called it all off, but is it truly a practicable thing for us to be doing?  Is it any good for either of us?

We must speak at length tomorrow.

Later:

DOCTOR WHO: BATTLEFIELD
 
Oh, the Destroyer looks great.  I hope it will be.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Current Happenings…’

No comments:

Post a Comment