The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 16 August 1989

Hellraiser

‘How Does It Feel?’ – Crass

I’m here and I ache.

I just had to check what day it was.  It’s Wednesday, but I guess you already know that.

I also had to check what date it was.  I didn’t know.  But as you can see, it turns out to be the 16th.

I’m so lazy.  I’ve done nothing constructive all the time I’ve been up here, and it feels bad.  But by the same token, it feels damned good.

Later:

‘Toy Soldiers’ – Martika

Today, I am at Gran Pritchard’s, helping them babysit Chip.

My plans for the forthcoming week, include seeing more of Flash, going to see BATMAN again, spending time with Paul + Jack, going to my Dad’s for dinner, shopping and then, eventually, going on holiday.

Later:

‘You’re Already Dead’ – Crass

So I saw Flash again, didn’t I? 

And we wrote some more of our script, ‘Sleep’, and it was good.

And we watched HELLRAISER and it was good.



Later:

‘My First Night Without You’ – Cyndi Lauper

I have also seen Flash’s latest letter from Manda Jones, and it was lovely.  I was always fond of Manda and I miss her a great deal.  I have her address, mind.  I feel pretty determined that I should write to her one day.  I really should.  Maybe it would be good therapy.  Have I said that before?  I don’t care if I have or I haven’t.  Sod it.  I’ve loved you, Manda, that’s all I’d probably want to tell you anyway.

Oh, Flash, thank you for pointing out that Imogen Stubbs is in ERIK THE VIKING.  Now you mention it, it does mean a lot to me. 

Where is Eddie Moses these days?  Flash and I miss him.  It’s rumoured he’s living in Wakefield with his girlfriend, or something.  My, how we drift.  Like ashes on the wind.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Another Potted History of Winterfood…’

No comments:

Post a Comment