The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 29 July 1989

The Last of Miranda?

‘Losing My Mind’ – Liza Minnelli

Today, I met up with Mooney, Angela, Legs, Karra and Miles and we went to Peterborough, eventually meeting up with Rod.

I ended up buying the following…

From SHERATT + HUGHES, two Doctor Who novelisations:

From House On The Borderland:
Two Doctor Who Files magazines – Season Two, parts 1 + 2 by John Peel
A ring
A necklace thing

From OUR PRICE:
The CRASS LP, Best Before – which is dead good.


I went home for tea, and then back to The Angel at 9.30pm, where I was to meet the gang and then drive over to Peterborough to go to the cinema.  I met Rod there and we sat + drank beer, talking about girls – notably Angel regular, Jina.

At about 11pm, I went into the Lounge + saw Miranda sitting with her mates.  Apparently they’d just been had a go at by some anarchist about something or other.  I was so happy to Miranda + she looked quite radiant.  I asked around to see if all the cars were full for the cinema trip, but in the end I just didn’t have the guts to ask her along, though I really wanted to.  She was pleasant + smiled a lot – mostly from embarrassment, I imagine.  It was a little uncomfortable with her mates there.  Never mind.  Pretty soon, I had to go.  I waved back at her when she waved at me from the pub window.

Don’t know when I’ll see her again.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘Catching Up With You…’

No comments:

Post a Comment