The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 4 June 1989

Tiananmen Square


Filofax Rendering

BARBECUE?

 

NO.

 

Later:

 

I awoke today, at Ash’s place, after a nite of feeling very ill.  It was about 9.30am and I felt brilliant!  Which was rather surprising…

 

Later:

 

OI!  A GOOD DREAM:

 

Fuck it!  It’ll have to wait…

 

Later:

 

‘I Get Weak’ – Belinda Carlisle

 

 

Shall I tell you of my dream now?  I had this at Ash’s last nite…

 

Well, once again it involved a purchase and a bus.  I was in Wisbech, at the roundabout, + I went in the Corner Shop wanting to buy an iced lolly.  I couldn’t find the one I wanted, so I crossed the road to the Petrol Station + still couldn’t find the type I wanted.  Instead, I perused through the magazines, meeting with no success there, either.  So I decided I’d best get back over the road + get my bus – but just as I left the garage, my bus flitted off down the road…

 

Next thing I know, I’m at home + Flash + Raquel are staying with me.  Which is, er, interesting (?!).

 

Next, I was in Strawberry Fair toilets, blood gushing from my lip as an IRA terrorist guy (from CRISIS comic) tells me I’ve got to blow up a British army barracks. 


He then proceeds to wash his hair in a piss-filled urinal.

 

Finally, I’m in a deserted shopping precinct watching Scarlett Kane, my Dance teacher, dance along to her ghetto blaster.  As she pauses, we drink lemonade + I confess my attraction to her + she confesses her attraction to me.  Thus, she opens her top, exposing her little breasts, and lets me suck them, much to my delight…

 

Later:

9.10pm

 

‘Hergest Ridge pt.1’ – Mike Oldfield



 

The Ayatollah Khomeini is dead.

 

BUT, GOD! 


 

I’ve never wept so openly at a News programme.  It’s so tragically horrifying.

 

It’s on again now.

 

HOW COULD THE CHINESE ARMY OPEN FIRE SO INDISCRIMINATELY AT THEIR OWN, UNARMED, FELLOW CITIZENS?!  EVEN PEOPLE SITTING IN THEIR HOMES, IT SEEMS, UNARMED!

 

UN-BASTARD-ARMED!

 

TWO AMBULANCE DRIVERS SHOT + INJURED!

 

ORDERS TO KILL!

 

BASTARDS!  BASTARDS!

 

The images on the News are horrible.  It’s an atrocity.

 

Today, at 10.23am, with no reason – no warning – troops burst into the crowds at Tiananmen Square, and started killing.  They’re even on the University campus, searching, beating + killing.

 

DELIBERATE SHOOTING OF CIVILIANS.

 

PEOPLE’S BASTARD ARMY, MY ARSEHOLE.

 

There’s talk of revolution and even civil war if the government or the army splinters…

 

Deng Xiaoping is a FASCIST.  He’s no COMMUNIST.  He’s the one who deserves to die.

 

All the politicians are out making statements: BUSH, THATCHER, Kinnock, Ashdown.  All appalled and shocked, horrified and talking about crimes against humanity.  Words.

 

There are demonstrations all over Hong Kong (which some are saying may not go back to China if things continue in this fashion…).

 

There was a Chinese guy on TV just now saying the regime is WORSE THAN HITLER.

 

Hunger strikes have started again.  Calls for a General Strike.  The stock exchange tipped to plummet.

 


 

REPORT JUST NOW:

100 tanks coming into city.  Government scared.  Army discontent possible.  One tank hit by Molotov cocktail.  Shooting.  APC + tank drivers firing randomly + indiscriminately.

 

Revenge attacks possible now.  Students may be armed + are in a position to do something.

 

In the opinion of Ritcherd J Winterfood, this is totally disgusting.  The Chinese government must be condemned for their actions – and more besides.

 

Back to the diary…

 

Well, this week’s been a bit crappy.

 

I’ll tell –

 

Well, no, this week HASN’T been crappy, actually.  No.  Erm.  But…

 


 

‘HERGEST RIDGE pt.1’ has to be one of the most fantastic records ever ever ever.  It really does.  IT IS.

 

This weekend has been quite spicy.

 

GOODNITE.

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘College controversy…’

No comments:

Post a Comment