The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 31 May 1989

Teaming Up With Daniel


2pm


‘Song To The Siren’ – This Mortal Coil



 

Well, Marco Polo, the Doctor Who novel by John Lucarotti was SKILL ‘N’ BRILL ‘N’ FUCKING ACE!


 

I’ve been dreaming again.  Last nite.  I was going on tour, following a band across Europe and I set out from Peterborough to Charing Cross Station with Flash + Jonny.  I found out when I’d bought my train tickets (+ a hamburger) that I only had a pound left for the next few months!  AAARGH!  And I desperately had to buy some stamps as well so I could write letters to all my friends to tell them where I was going.  CRAP, EH?

 

(I’ve got to write some letters, catch up on a few outstanding things in my life and get this year’s Progress folder in some kind of shape for June 27th’s examination.  WUURGH!)

 

I had this other dream last nite, too:

I was in a car park in my brand new Chevy (!), which was really ace, talking to Jim and Lindsey out of the car window.  But then, as a load of security men were after me, I had to get out (of the car park).  So Jim + Lindsey got onto a motorcycle + drove alongside me to LA’s nite club for Jim’s next disco.  It had been snowing and I wasn’t too confident of my driving, especially as I was constantly talking to Jim + Lindsey as they rode alongside me.  I was telling them how the car would cost millions to repair if it got damaged, then some silly cow on a bike drove straight into me on the Old Market Place, making me crash outside Mrs Gillick’s house.  In the fuss, out came someone from the house – and it was GEORGE (Betty’s ex-husband) and he told me he was having the house turned into a pub.  EVEN CRAPPER, EH?

 


 

Later:

 

LATE, 11.50pm-ish

 

‘Hot Doggie’ – Colourbox



 

God.  Work tomorrow.  Two days in a row.  Oh, I can hack it, I guess.  The money means I can get pissed and eat loads with the lads on Friday night.  Pop ‘round to Chicken George’s and actually be able to afford chicken & chips.  Ambition, that is.

 

HEY, HAS PRIVATE EYE ACTUALLY FOLDED?

Well, well, well…

 

Later:

 

‘WXJL Tonight’ – The Human League



 

Anyway, as for this evening, DALLAS was good.

 

And now half of my bastard back tooth has fallen out, so I desperately need a dentist.  GOD!

 

I want to write to EMMA.

 

When do I get the bastard time?

 

Later:

 

‘Storms In Africa’ – Enya



 

Daniel Abbott rang me up today and he and I are to team up on a project together – organising the end of year Drama Department Awards, Luncheon and Disco.  At the moment, the programme of events looks something like this:

 

FOOD

STUPID AWARDS

PERFORMANCE BY ‘THEY SAY’ (the band who did the ROCKY HORROR music)

REAL AWARDS

DISCO

 

And at the moment, we’re toying with the idea that everyone who attends must come as a character from any of the productions the department has staged this academic year.

 

WHAT RITCHERD IS UP TO IN 1988




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Tidying Up…’

No comments:

Post a Comment