The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 8 May 1989

Pressure


12.15am

 

‘Got To Keep On’ – The Cookie Crew



 

FUCK OFF! 

 

The house is a fucking mess.  My room is a disaster area.  I can’t be arsed to tidy it up, so now I’ll have it all to do when I come in tomorrow nite…

 

Ash + Legs only went home about an hour ago.  I only designed half the programmes for THE CHINESE PLAY (etc).  And by Wednesday morning I’m supposed to have a dance choreographed + know my Music notes for two exams.

 

FUCK OFF!

 

Plans for tomorrow/today:

 

Go to Production Meeting

Radio interview (along with Tracey and Jamie)

Photocopy programmes

Get some CHINESE PLAY stuff finalised

Go to KLCA to rig lights and set with Daniel + Jonny

Top and tail scenes with cast

 

FUCK OFF!  PRESSURE!

 

Later:

 

11.30pm

 

‘Rush Hour’ – Jane Weidlen



 

Why did I eat that All-Bran this morning?  It’s given me the Shytes.  FUCK!

 

Larry is taking eppies about our alleged ‘lack of organisation’ in preparation for THE CHINESE PLAY and the other shows.  I understand his points totally, but sometimes he just goes too far.

 


Kat + Marita are now ASMs + they got all the props + set ready today.  Daniel Abbott delivered them to KLCA, but KLCA wouldn’t let us in to rig lights as Donna Davidson hadn’t informed them of our need to get in for the day.  Nor has she displayed any CHINESE PLAY posters at the FERMOY!  BLOODY HELL, GIRL!  And guess who was the first to spiritually bugger off from the Production Meeting today?  Double D!  If our producer can’t set an example to others then who the hell can?!

 

Had a nice note from Emma Goddard (who claims to be ‘boring’).  She’s made sure I’ve got her number and address.  She’s hoping for a ‘long overdue’ letter.

 

Today’s rehearsal was shit.  I worry.

 

Tomorrow:

 

Go to KLCA, rig lights + set (finally)

Technical run (of sorts)

More rehearsals in the afternoon

Performance in the evening.

 

YEEEEEUUUUURGHHH!

 

I rang Flash.  Help!

 

Lovely news: Betty saw to it before she left on holiday that a ‘good luck’ card would be sent to me + it arrived today.  I’m ever-so chuffed.

 

This morning, I – along with Tracey Joyce + Jamie Davenport – appeared on Radio Norfolk for a half-hour interview, which was scary but fantastic.  All those who heard it told me it was excellent.  I hope Tracey’s mum tape-recorded it.

 

I’M SCARED BABBERLESS!

 

SHIT OFF!

 

‘You On My Mind’ – Swing Out Sister



 

GOOD NEWS: COLIN HOWARD, MY OLD NORWICH ’87 ‘MATE’ HAS PAINTED THE COVER OF TARGET BOOKSATTACK OF THE CYBERMEN.  GOOD LAD.  WELL DONE, COLIN + GOOD LUCK WITH ALL FUTURE VENTURES.

 

MEGA-FUCK-BRILL-NEWS: WATCHMEN IS BEING MADE INTO A FILM BY TERRY GILLIAM.  ACKER!  SO WHERE’S MY BASTARD COPY GONE?  IF I’VE LOST IT I’LL HAVE TO BUY THAT CURRENT VERSION WITH THE SHIT COVER.

 

Did I say I’m boycotting McDonalds again?  They make me so angry.  There’s all sorts of shit going on out there, which is doing us and the world we live in no good.  MOTHER EARTH is being raped.  We should be loving her.  We come from her, we are her.  We should be keeping things sustainable, giving something back.  If we destroy what we have, if we murder this world, then we murder ourselves.  And all for money, it seems.  I think I’m really turning on to this stuff now, from reading Crisis and Class War and observing the Greens.  The OZONE LAYER, POLLUTION, animal experimentation, blood-sports – amongst many other things, these are things I’m finding myself very concerned about just lately.  I love this world, this life – living out here in the country I’m able to appreciate the trees and flowers, the moon, the sky, the stars, the sun.  It’s a beautiful, wonderful planet.  But it’s run by dicks.

 

I’d love to go to the Isle of Arran this summer.

 

‘Don Juan (Disco Mix)’ – Pet Shop Boys



 

GOD!

I dreamt I was walking along a narrow-hedged path, towards something I wasn’t supposed to see.  It was like a concentration camp + as I came to a building, I was chased by starving Alsatian dogs, who I was lucky to evade.  Then I came to a huge wire fence + some gates, beyond which I could see security guards.  The Alsatians came upon me again, so I clambered over the fence + entered the building the security men were guarding.  Inside, was a huge, brightly-lit hall, full of people from Wetlands High.  They were being spoken to by a man from NORCAT, explaining to them that they must all confess to Larry Goodgirl’s lack of professionalism.  I wasn’t going to stand for any of this.  And when the man threatened them with death, no one panicked – only me.  Then I bumped into James Abbott, whom I knew was a Prisoner fan, as he was wearing a ‘No.2’ badge.  He also acted just like Leo McKern.  We teamed-up + tried to escape, shouting out the ‘pushed, filed, stamped’ lines before kicking the doors in + leaving.

 

STRANGER THINGS HAPPEN AT SEA.

 

SHIT OFF, PRESSURE!

 

THE CHINESE PLAY WILL BE CACK!

 

Later:

 

‘A Touching Display’ – Wire



 

Today was just a real sod.  The props + set were transported to the KLCA, but Daniel + me weren’t allowed in to rig the lights, because Donna hadn’t negotiated it (as producer) with the venue.  Then the publicity woman asked me why no-one had sent poster or set up displays for the foyer.  I was appalled and embarrassed that no-one had done this and told her I had no idea why it hadn’t happened.  This all falls under Donna’s remit (as described by Larry), SO WHY HADN’T SHE SENT ANYTHING?

 

DISTRESS!  Maggie was in Tech, looking for me, and I never saw her.  SHIT!

 

So, anyway, we did a crappy run today and it looked atrocious.

 

Later:

 

‘Eternal Flame’ – The Bangles



 

Oh aye, I’ll tell you what: tonite at Tech, while Emma + I were alone, it was so lovely to spend time with her in this loose white skirt, and as she danced for me in the Drama Studio, it clung to her in all the right places, hugging her beautiful little bottom.  She’s also gorgeous barefoot and looked beautiful sitting on the windowsill…

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘The Chinese Play at KLCA…’

No comments:

Post a Comment