The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 18 May 1989

Naive-TEH


It’s 11.30pm.
 
‘Silk Skin Paws’ – Wire

 
Welcome to the diary of a manchild.
 
Later:
 
I’m in bed and Edelweiss are on the stereo.
 

 
China is in a bit of an uproar, isn’t it?  What, with the student strike and then the workers + now the police.  It’s strange, you know, to hear a Grandfather who fought in the last World War say he never thought he’d see the day when Communist countries trembled from within.  It’s even stranger when you think, Neither did I.
 
I spent a day of humidity and Emma today.  I’ve decided that I DO need psychiatric help.  Emma, of course, is beginning to bug me.  It’s that twee little naïve-TEH of hers; that gurlie attitude.  I should have known better.  But, as I told Jodie, something was drawing us back together and it couldn’t really be stopped.  Unfinished business?
 
In Computers today, I formatted a script-writing thing, so I’ll be able to use that for future scripts.  I’m raring to go.
 
I MUST PLAN A SUMMER HOLIDAY!
I MUST SEND MY LETTER TO MAGGIE!
I MUST!
 
The keyboard bits in ‘Bring Me Edelweiss’.

 


Neneh Cherry has entered the chart at last.
 
‘Manchild’ – Neneh Cherry

 
Last nite, I dreamt Jamie Davenport was drowning in a sea that looked like tie-dye patterns + he wanted to resurface in a patch of red, but he never made it…
 
 
[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]
 
Next time: ‘Rocky ‘n’ Roll…’

No comments:

Post a Comment