The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 4 May 1989

Keep On Moving


11.40pm

 

‘Keep On Moving’ – Soul II Soul



 

‘GROOVE-O!’ yelled Ritcherd.

 

I’m so tired; too tired and hot to stay long, diary, but today has been quite good.

 

Work on THE CHINESE PLAY progressed with tape voice-overs being recorded.  They weren’t too effective, so a live/mic voice-over system will be used on the night, I think.  Tracey has made progress on the performance of ‘Fever’.  Marco is organising photo-shoots + video recording for both evenings.  All the actors were assembled today for some very excellent work.  I was all over the place today, so made them do runs, but the bits I worked on closely impressed me greatly.

 

Actors worthy of commendation today: Jonny Badcock, Gemma Winchester, Emma Goddard and Donna Davidson. 

 

I left Donna + Jonny in charge of various scenes this afternoon + even if I don’t like their work and change it, at least all those involved will be familiar with the basics of each scene.

 

Why did I leave them?

I had to go to the offices of the Lynn News & Advertiser for an interview.  Very extensive.  And good fun.  As well as this I was the subject of a photo session for the paper. 

 


A day of progress.  And heat.

 

‘Indirect Enquiries’ – Wire



 

I would have voted in the local elections, but the more I considered my options, the more I realised they were divided, so I abstained.  I really don’t know enough, and I seem to be more left-wing than right-wing, but Thatcher will have done ten years this year.  Just from the basic perspective of ‘standard of living’, I know my own life has been better in the great ‘80s than it was in the jyppo ‘70s.  On that score, economically, the Conservatives seem to have done a good job.  But Labour have my heart, I think.  They will keep the NHS, avoid student loans and scrap the Poll Tax.  But will our family do better under Tory economics, I wonder?  Our family income is small business based.  And maybe if I were to start my own business in future, would I be better served by a Conservative govt?   Or Labour?  The Libs seem not quite clever or strong enough to become government.  I think perhaps the economy and the environment are my chief concerns, politically.  At the moment, I’d favour a Green government.  But my allegiances are not yet settled, so I didn’t vote.  I’m not sure I’m happy with that decision, though.  I need to find out more.

 

Emma + I were very close today + she’s really ever-so high in my list of great people.  I tried to ring her tonite but I kept getting the wrong number.  I really like her.

 

Oh, THE CHINESE PLAY had a column in the Eastern Daily Press today.  Not bad, eh?

 



 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Back to black…’

No comments:

Post a Comment