The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 29 May 1989

Data Coils


Bank Holiday Monday


Filofax Rendering


GET JONNY A CARD + POST IT!  URGENT!

WRITE UP ALL OUTSTANDING COURSE WORK

CONTACT SPOCK ABOUT BARBECUE


Later:

 

2.30pm-ish.

 


Hello again.  Back to the plot, eh, folks?

 

Later:

IT IS NOW 7.15pm


‘The Mountain Song’ – Jane’s Addiction



 

Y’know what bugs me?

 

In DATA COILS, the ‘pen pal’ feature in DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE, there’s this kid who lives in Leverington, down the bloody road from me!  SHOX!  SHOX!  So I looked his number up in the phone book. Rang it, and it’s bastard dead.  HOWCUM?!  EH?!  EH?!

 

NACKERS!

 

I bet he’s about two years old anyway.  I just get this urge, though.  That’s all.  I want a mate to share my DOCTOR WHO moments with.  OHFUCKOFF.

 

DREAMS:

Last nite, I dreamt this…

 

I was walking through a seaside town, alone.  Then I met up with Kat + she asked me to do her hair for ROCKY HORROR, so I did.  Willock then came over + said she looked gorgeous and thanked me for it (HAR-HAR!), and they walked offtogether.

 

I walked along the beach and Willock caught up with me + we chatted for ages.  From the air, emanated Holly Johnson’s voice, singing ‘MURDER IN PARADISE’ and then Holly actually ran up to us and started talking about music with Willock.  Holly was wearing a blue, shiny suit and they strolled off to the lapping water’s edge together.  I went in the opposite direction, until I came across Sid Tweedy, Stage Manager at KLCA, walking along, giving a talk to a couple of Marine Biologists about life forms on this stretch of beach.  He spoke of the huge pebbles embedded in the sand, which weren’t actually pebbles, but were, in fact, huge eggs containing ferocious creatures, such as Land-Sharks and other mutations.

 

I separated myself from the little group, not willing to be eaten alive in the fast approaching time of ‘the great hatching’.  Then I turned and saw the distant figures of Willock + Holly talking – about me, I presumed – and ran off, realising that I didn’t want anything at all to do with Willock.

 

My second dream was me walking through Wisbech Sunday Market, which was now a series of sheds.  I was talking to someone, beckoning them to follow me as I looked in all the sheds.  All were full of junk, except one.  ‘There,’ I yelled.  ‘We can do it here!’  I turned + Jolene was there and she + I were to make love.  ‘What’s in the next shed?’ she asked.  I opened it and it was full of junk.  At the front of which was an old ironing board.  ‘Full of junk,’ I said.  ‘Let’s make love in the empty one.’  ‘No,’ she said, ‘let’s do it on the ironing board…’

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘A Dream of Mr Dairv…’

No comments:

Post a Comment