The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 16 April 1989

Third World War


3pm (ish?)

 

‘Immigrant’ – Gene Loves Jezebel



 

QUOTE:

‘AS FAR AS I’M CONCERNED, BEING EIGHTEEN IS WORSE THAN BEING SIXTEEN.  AT SIXTEEN, EVERYTHING’S NEW AND EXCITING – TWO YEARS LATER, YOU’VE DONE IT ALL, HAVEN’T YOU?’ Garry (as written by Pat Mills), Third World War, Crisis #5 (Nov 1988)


 

Later:

It must be about 6pm by now.

 

‘Vanishing Point’ – New Order



 

I’m still at Ashton Street and have been since about 6pm on Friday.

 

TWO DAYS!

 

I should have done some CHINESE PLAY work, but I haven’t.  Even so, I’ve been weighing up the odds and the amount of work I need to get done scares me.  Can I achieve what I want/need to achieve within the next 3 weeks?  Can I?  Can I?!  I somehow doubt it.

 

Later:

 

‘Do I Want To?’ - We’ve Got A Fuzzbox And We’re Gonna Use It



 

Flash stayed at Raquel’s last nite and he’s still not returned.

 

Today, I’ve read all 16 issues of Third World War in Crisis, and it’s brilliant.  I’ve also taped some groovy ‘Goth’ trax from Flash’s record collexion.  It features: Gaye Bykers on Acid, Gene Loves Jezebel, Alien Sex Fiend, The Sisters Of Mercy, New Order, Adam Ant, Siouxsie & the Banshees, and Japan.  I’ve given it the name: ‘BACK TO BASICS’.

 

Home tonite, jiggetty-jig.

 


 

Later:

 

‘Fireworks’ – Siouxsie & the Banshees



 

Tonight, Flash returned after I’d visited Dad + Annie.  We made a list of The Situation’s Top 30 Records.  That was quite good.  During this I found myself inadvertently getting into SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES in a far more excitable way than at any time previously.

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Maggie misery…’

No comments:

Post a Comment