The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 30 April 1989

Shame About Maggie


11.50pm

 

‘Yahoo!’ – Erasure



 

ESCAPE FROM SOBIBOR + THE YOUNG ONES

 

Well, well, well…  It’s been an incredible 4 months so far, has 1989.  They seem to have passed by like nothing.  But, under analysis, a lot has happened in those months.

 

The first third of 1989 has been: Flash, Maggie, Raquel, Natalia, THE CHINESE PLAY, college work, Emma, friendships, tensions, sex romps, self-discovery (at last, I know who I am + what I want!  At last!), Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Yello, Pop Will Eat Itself, Wire, new feelings + a lot of fun.

 

Shame about Maggie. 

 

God, what am I saying?  It’s downright atrocious + unfair about that lovely girl.  At least I will have THAT photograph + that’ll be the focus for a set of memories that will never leave me.

 

She was truly gorgeous.

 

As April ends, May approaches.  A year now since Suzi (who still remains something of a mystery to me).  She was really nice.  May will be magic.  THE CHINESE PLAY will be a miserable disaster, but I’m sure I’ll still be able to hold my head high at the attempt.  I am glad to be who I am; yes, true, my nose is a little too big, I have a few spots too many but, in spite of that, my life is something of a treasure + a success.

 

By 3am in the morning of May 1st, my parents and Chip will be driving to Stansted Airport, ready to depart for Majorca, Spain on a 7am flight.  As Jack is staying elsewhere, this means I shall be spending the first two weeks of May all alone here at Blackberry Narrow.  Have a wonderful holiday, folks.

 

Ho-hum.

 

Let our hearts rise, let us set our beauty free.  I love you all, my special people xxxx

 

[COMING SOON…

 

FART AS: Ritcherd gets angry at the Chinese!

 

SCREAM AS: Ritcherd resurrects a lost love!

 

-          Future Ritcherd]

 

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Annie Hall…’

No comments:

Post a Comment