The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 5 April 1989

Schism


‘Weight of the World’ – Erasure



 

TODAY, Maggie wasn’t too talkative, and the day was awful.  I spent much of it with Jodie, Jonny and Will, being depressed and bored.

 

THE CHINESE PLAY

The KLCA programme is now out and we’re in that.  I’ve pretty much designed the posters and Maggie’s going to finish them for me.

 

I must admit I got pissed off today when Donna was swanning around saying she was the play’s producer!  We’re BOTH producing this bloody thing, but today she came out and said she’d done most of the work on the show, citing the scheduling, the KLCA meetings and contacting local radio.  OK, so she spoke to radio (though without any consultation with me as to what we might want to say to them), but I outlined the schedules and told her what I wanted in them and I was at all the KLCA meetings.  As far as I was aware, she was now Assistant Producer.  God!  THE CHINESE PLAY is my production if it’s anyone’s.  I’m also annoyed that there’s very little else going on in BTEC at the moment, so Larry wants to chuck some ‘floating’ people into the CHINESE PLAY team.  God!  I’ve a good mind to give Donna and Larry a piece of my mind; I feel like kicking off some serious hell!

 

Kat’s left the cast, thank god!  So has Sharon Fielding – and Darren Marsh might too.  The others are all happy to stay.  Kat’s role will be filled by Emma Goddard, because – once again – we are getting on well as friends.  Good, eh?

 




 

There also seems to be some kind of schism/division in the Performing Arts group again.  People seem to be falling into factions for some reason.  On one side, it seems to be: me, Jonny, Jodie and Will.  On the other, it seems to be: Sharon, Kat, new girl Marita, and Donna.  Those without a ‘side’ seem to be: Kenneth (who’s his own soul), Tracey, Jolene, and Daniel (who’s been a bit of a snotty git this week).

 

And while that seems to be happening, there are rumours that the Drama Department might be holding an awards ceremony + lunch at the end of term.  Hope so!  I think.

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Burn Again…’

No comments:

Post a Comment