The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 2 April 1989

Pop Idols


11am-ish

 

‘Americanos’ – Holly Johnson



 

Going to church in a little while for Chip’s birthday church celebration.  Not my thing, but it passes the time, doesn’t it?

 

I bet something will put me off Maggie tomorrow.  I can just tell.  And if she has finished with Simon, she’ll be going out with somebody else.

 

Y’know, the ones you really want, really like, never happen!

 

I had a brilliant WORLD WAR THREE dream last nite.

 

And Holly Johnson is fantastique.




 

Later:

VERY LATE AT NIGHT

 

‘Chains of Love’ – Erasure



 

I think my current ‘pop’ idols are:

 

KATE BUSH


 



 

HOLLY JOHNSON


 

CLAUDIA BRUCKEN


 


 



 



 

KIM WILDE


 



 



 

ERASURE
 


 
 

 



 

 

Or maybe they’re not, but I wanted to record their names and say that I think they’ve been skill in their careers at some time or other…

 

Ritcherd J Winterfood, last of the famous international playboys, ha-ha-ha!

 

LAST NITE I HAD A CONTINUATION DREAM…

The nite before, I’d had that dream where I was in a shop with BMW and then she + I lfet to talk things over at her house.  Well, last nite I dreamt of waking up in her room, in her bed.  She was nowhere to be seen (gone to college) + her mum (quite out of character) came in and brought me breakfast.  Next thing I know, it’s World War Three and the Soviets have occupied SRI LANKA where they are producing vast quantities of chemical weapons that will wipe out the human populations of the West, whilst preserving all other flora and fauna!  Despite this, a taskforce of British commandoes has built a secret base on the coast, liaising with deep cover Sri Lankan resistance who are causing chaos at the perimeter of the chemical plant.  So!  Guess who was one of the commandoes?  Me.  And there I was, in a trench in the rain and mud, shooting at Russian soldiers.

 

Eventually, the Russians retreated + my boss, played by Julian Glover


…sent me on the mission to find out when the first chemical strike was due.  I was to meet resistance fighters who were alleged to possess captured documents.  Wearily, after trekking through the deep nite in torrential rain (with thunder and lightning), I waded into a jungle, constantly fighting off tarantulas.

 

Finally, I reached a clearing, and saw, towering above the jungle, the fantastically huge chemical plant, dark + terrifying, pumping vile smog into the atmosphere.  I met up with the resistance + we looked at files and blueprints in their base/shack, until the rest of my squad arrived – scaring me to death, because they managed to surprise me and if they’d been Soviets I would have been slaughtered.  Next thing, one of ‘our’ planes flew over, dropping fresh supplies in readiness for our daring attack on the plant.

 

Which never happened.  I woke up, see?

 

College tomorrow.  Haven’t spoken to Emma for about two weeks.

 

MAGGIE – oh!  Let us be!

 

I’ve been trying my hand at song-writing again…

 

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Maggie Obsession…’

No comments:

Post a Comment