The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 15 April 1989

Melancholy Ritch


ASHTON STREET, CASTLEFORD

 

‘Body and Soul’ – The Sisters of Mercy



 

Today, we went into LEEDS.  Raquel bought a pair of ballet shoes from TOPSHOP.  I went in SHOCK for the first time in ages, but couldn’t find the right size boots I wanted.  I eventually found them in BAD…


…and this pleased me.  They’re black leather, Cuban-heeled pickers.

 

In the Merrion Centre, I bought some MARVEL SAGA comics from SKYRACK. 


Flash tried some shoes on in CRYSTAL’S SHOES where I got talking to a young woman who was really rather nice.  I’d like to have spent more time with her, if you know what I mean?  I felt as if I knew her from somewhere too, which was ODD.

 

Tonite, back here, I’ve stayed in as Raquel + Flash have gone to a wedding ‘do’.  Flash is staying the night at Raquel’s.  I’ve read comics and watched Midnight Caller, the soundtrack to which is ace.




 

Later:

11pm.

 

‘Body Electric’ – The Sisters of Mercy



 

I suddenly want to listen to my Blade Runner LP.

 

I’M HERE, THEN.  AT OUR FLASH’S HOUSE.  BUT I FEEL MELANCHOLIC FOR SOME REASON.  I CAN’T QUITE PINPOINT WHY.

 

SOME THOUGHTS:

Sisters of Mercy.  Flash.  Raquel.  Maggie.  Dead Or Alive.  New boots.  Girl in CRYSTAL’S shoe shop.  Midnight Caller.  Marvel comics.  The Chinese Play.  Desire.  Heaven.  Hell.  Love.

 

Later:

 




A horrible crush of people.

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Third World War…’

No comments:

Post a Comment