The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 29 April 1989

Comic Haul


It’s 6pm

 

‘Peek-a-Boo’ by Siouxsie + the Banshees has just come on the video.

 

‘Peek-a-Boo’ – Siouxsie & the Banshees



 

I want a bath, and then I want to go on the sun-bed.

 

Last nite, I dreamt that Flash came to stay + I had some secret documents that I had been told he must not see, so I spent ages hiding them from him.  Raquel also came to stay + we were all naked + talking.  Flash told me he dreams about me a lot.  But then news came over the radio that the Sea Devils had invaded, so I went out and bought the Target book of Doctor Who and the Sea Devils.  When I opened it, a finger sized Sea Devil fell out and I ate it, but it tasted like an off-pilchard, so I ran to the bathroom looking for cooking instructions.  Couldn’t find any.  Then Flash + I were instructed to attack the embassy of a foreign power that was using the Sea Devils to attack the UK.  We both wore purple/pink Sgt. Pepper uniforms + as we charged the embassy we caught a pirate.  Flash held onto the pirate as we kicked in the door, but as they stepped over the threshold, their clothes magically swapped!  I said, ‘I liked that effect!  I want to see it again.’  Flash said, ‘Rewind it, then.’  But suddenly, from around a corner came two armed guards, but I had enough time to press my remote control and rewound everything.  Obviously, I wasn’t affected, and when I pressed ‘stop’, Flash turned to me and said, ‘At least we’ll know they’re coming now.’  But I was more interested in using my remote control to rewind time – and space – to visit New York a hundred years ago.  Flash grabbed it off me and left me behind as he fast-forwarded to my future and visited me as an old man.

 

Crap, eh?

 

‘Destroy the Heart’ – House of Love



 

Today, I’ve been to Peterborough.  I went at 10am with Danny Black and Astra Trellis + quite enjoyed it, in spite of not knowing where the HOUSE ON THE BORDERLAND comics shop had moved to.  We found it in the end, though.

 

I bought book c of THE PRISONER: Shattered Visage


 

…this week’s Crisis, and Black Orchid book two…


 

…all of which I’m quite chuffed by.  I will endeavour to buy the graphic novel, BLOOD, the remaining issues of STRAY TOASTERS, book d of THE PRISONER, the remaining issues of BLACK ORCHID, and MELTDOWN.

 

When I got home, I tried ringing Natalia.  She’s never in.

 

Now… I’m still thinking about another female of rather more endearing proportions who has given me much sadness.  Yes, it’s sadness.  I cannot overcome my feelings of sadness.

 

I love you, dear friend xxx

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Shame about Maggie…’

No comments:

Post a Comment