The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 22 April 1989

154 Kingpin


‘The Other Window’ – Wire



 

‘DREAMING!’ yelled Jez D. Paff

 

I dreamt I was on the trail of Marvel ComicsTHE KINGPIN, who had gone missing. 


I was part of a rival crime ring.  There was a car chase + we bazooka-ed all our enemies’ vehicles, before rushing back to a party we were holding.  However, we all had to hide in a back room as the police came to investigate.

 

Later:

LATE

 

‘Good Thing’ – Fine Young Cannibals



 

I bought some comics today and FUCK OFF. 

 
 

I wanted to go out tonite, to the pub, to the wine bar, anywhere.  Who would I go with, though?  I have no one I love nearby, do I?  So I’m a little chuffed off.

 

I saw Ash today and he’s finished with Angela + trying to go back out with Shell.  I saw Legs too, and he’s fine.  Everything else is crap, and THE CHINESE PLAY will be rubbish + I will die.

 

Do I care?

 

Course I do.

 

What do I want out of life now?

 

Why does my birthday have to be on a Sunday this year?  How crap?!

 

Later:

 

A Mutual Friend’ – Wire



 

The ‘DARK IS DESIRE’ track I put together with Dan and Ash was fantastic in its day, you know.  What happened to those days, eh?

 

Well.  With any luck, DARK IS DESIRE will be back soon, or at least ‘on the mend’.  As I said, I saw Ash today and we discussed things by the roadside.  Once Legs has got his act together, we’ll be ready to go.  Ash is going to come over to BLACKBERRY NARROW sometime within the next two weeks with his acoustic guitar and we’ll plink about, writing new tunes.  Maybe we’ll get something done at last.  I HOPE SO.

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Yes Yes Yes…’

No comments:

Post a Comment