The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 25 March 1989

Piss Video


It must be all of 9 o’clock at nite, my dearest diary…

 

‘Another Race’ – Yello



 

Last nite, Flash had some brilliant half-dreams, talking to me in semi-sleep, which was hilarious!

 

Flash: ‘Eh?’

Me: ‘What?’

Flash: ‘Oh.  Sorry.  I thought you said, “Are you intrigued?”’

Me: ‘No.’

Flash: ‘I thought you sounded far away.’

 

Later, he was just stupid, but it killed me – I was in fits + fits + fits + fits!

 

Today, Raquel came over, bringing Flash a lovely Easter Egg with ‘I LOVE YOU, FLASH’ inscribed on it.  She even brought me a packet of six Cadbury’s Crème Eggs.  Crikey!  Really nice of her.  Thanks, Raquel.



Later, as Raquel and I watched Monty Python’s Flying Circus, Flash went into town.  When he came back, he had bought Raquel an Easter Egg + and Easter Bunny – and he’d got me ‘Oh Yeah’ by Yello! 

 
 

I couldn’t + still can’t believe it!  It was so good of him!  Cheers, Flash – thanks a lot!

 

‘A Little Respect’ – Erasure



 

I’m at Gran W’s now as Flash + Raquel want to be alone at her place.  So…  I’m staying here fo’t’ naeght!  Har-har-har!

 

I’m halfway through mixing The Situation’s new cassette – PISS VIDEO – and it’s actually quite mediocre; nothing at all special.  It’s made up of old bits and pieces we recorded in 1987 and 1988, but never used.

 

Gerry Gordon rang tonite + said she was wondering when I was off home.  She said I could, by all means, stay at her and Flash’s house on Tuesday and Wednesday if I wanted.  She even said she’d gets some cans in and some nibbles so we could have a little party on Wednesday nite.  That was really lovely of her – I felt so touched.  Thank you, Gerry.  She’s ever-so nice – and I did the washing-up for her today.

 

I wish Jonny was here, so I could talk to him about stuff + make him laugh.

 

MAGGIE – you prey upon my mind.  Will we ever?

 

Later:

 

EASTER EGGS + YELLO.  Great stuff!

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Behind Watford…’

No comments:

Post a Comment