The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 23 February 1989

Grotty-type Mumbles


11.15pm

 



 

Yes, I bought this by RUBY BLUE and it is ACKER.

 

I’m a grotty old shit + I hate myself.

 

Sorry, Emma.  C’est la vie.  I’ll make it all up to you.

 

Grotty type mumbles + boring moans.

 

I love you, Flash.  I miss you.

 

Later:

 

My No.1: ‘Nothing Has Been Proved’ – Dusty Springfield



 

TODAY I was raging, what with Under Milk Wood at the Welsh Evening coming up + Fawlty Towers on March 9th.  So much to do and all of it badly organised and full of unenthusiastic layabouts.

 

I got so annoyed + bored + hassled + angry + bitchy.  Emma took my mood the wrong way, thinking it was all her fault + also telling me that I should understand other people better.  I disputed this, so – after telling me she thinks I’m boring – she refused to talk to me.  Which meant I got annoyed with myself.  But was I wrong to get annoyed and complain because I want to do well out of this course while others just want to sit around smoking and waiting for Larry to tell them what to do.  He wants us to be pro-active and so few of us are!  Other than Emma, who could I vent my annoyance at? 

 

I know, I know. 

 

I shouldn’t saddle Emma with my hassles.

 





 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Making-up…’

No comments:

Post a Comment