The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 21 November 1988

The Happiness Patrol


BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN PERFORMING ARTS NOVEMBER 1988

Touring schools, giving workshops: North Norfolk.  (See notice board/Jane for details).

 

‘Japanese Boy’ – Aneka



 

Today, we had morning workshops in Forf End + Barnes Bysea.  Sadly, many of us found this day a little wasted.  We joined the PA one-year group on their ‘tour’ of two schools, doing workshops with their production work.  In a sense, it was quite informative on how to devise workshops and Larry Goodgirl was as compelling as ever. 

 

I hardly saw Justine, cos I fell asleep on Donna Davidson’s bed.  I was so shattered because we were awake all last nite, talking.  Being this busy, both socially and vocationally, makes me really angry, because it means I don’t see Justine as much as I should or would like. 

 

Donna came by and wrote me this note:

 

‘Dear Ritcherd,

 

I came in to see you, but you were still asleep.  See you tomorrow.  Panto remember!

 

Oodles of love

 

Donna

xxx’

 

I hated the snow, cos I had to bike in it.

 

Later:

 

‘From Me To You’ – The Beatles



 

I WATCH:          







The KENNEDY documentaries

 



 

BUT I LOVE DOCTOR WHO.

 

DOCTOR WHO


In the end, The Happiness Patrol was skill.  I really loved it.  Great, to say it’s the supposed TURKEY of the season.  McCoy was it his most powerful yet.  I loved it.  Obviously, it could have been better in places, but it’s the SAME with everything.  Loved the Sewer Dwellers and the Kandyman.

 

I have read the Doctor Who novel The Sontaran Experiment by Ian Marter, and it was EXCELLENT.  Peter Grimwade’s Planet Of Fire (thanks, Simon Lewis!) was GOOD, and I’m now reading Terrance DicksThe Caves Of Androzani (thanks again, Simon!).


 

I’m also reading J.D. Salinger’s The Catcher In The Rye.


 

‘We Can Work It Out’ – The Beatles



 

My face, transformed into that of Berwin Groomstool…


 

TODAY was depression ‘n’ sleep.  Love of my sideburns.

 

[Hi, I’m from the future.  I wear chunky space-boots, a little silver dress (which looks great when I stand with my hands on my hips) and a jolly little pointed hat with buttons and a feather on it.  My eyes spin like something hypnotic and Op Art from a ‘60s movie, and my head is exactly like that of a Smash robot. 


My nose is a vast and undulating penis, which extends and diminishes with all the noisy glee of one of those things you blow down at a party – Ritch, 1999 xxxxx]

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘The Chinese Play…’

No comments:

Post a Comment