The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 24 November 1988

Justine Dumps Ritch


‘China In Your Hand’ – T’Pau



 

Today, we didn’t rise till 12pm, thus Justine was angry at my ‘lateness’ and went really bitchy.  I thought this was childish and unnecessary.  I have learnt that I enjoy spending time with my Performing Arts friends, yes, but she needn’t feel threatened by it.  I love Justine so much.  I am so happy that we are together again, and I can’t spell it out to her enough.

 

I guess I’m getting more career-minded, which is difficult because Justine’s not keen on my new more ‘conservative’ attitudes.  She thinks I’m changing, becoming someone she doesn’t know.  I suppose this is true to some extent, but I’ve never been the same form one minute to the next.  I guess this transformation is fundamental, though.  My love for Drama is affecting everything in my world.  But it has to.  This is the most crucial turning point in my life so far, I’m certain of that.

 

Anyway, at 4.15pm, I decided I couldn’t be bothered to be bitched at, so ignoring our customary ‘kissing by the buses’ session, I got on the bus and went home.

 

My No.1: ‘Hail!  The White Grain’ – Death In June



 

Justine rang tonite + asked me why I’m ‘never there’.  I explained that the course work takes up an extremely large part of my life.  She asked me why I’m quieter now + not all noisy + loud, like I was in the old days.  All I could tell her was the truth: I’m a bit of a quiet guy nowadays, and I’m finding my expression in newer and more challenging parts of my life.  I told her I still really love her and want to be with her, though.  But this wasn’t good enough; she was spoiling for a fight.  I told her I really had no desire to argue.  So she finished with me.  Just like that.  Just because I have friends and I’m a hard-working guy.  Because I’m quiet and never there when she wants me.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Jonny and Kat…’

No comments:

Post a Comment