The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 26 November 1988

First and Last and Always Mine


It’s 7.12pm.

 

‘First and Last and Always’ – The Sisters of Mercy



 

THE SISTERS OF MERCY ARE ON THE VIDEO.

THEY FEEL NICE.

 

It’s dark.  I can hardly see.

 

God, this song fill me with such power and self-determination!

 

Later:

 

‘Marian (Version)’ – The Sisters of Mercy



 

GOD, I LOVE THIS SONG!

 

That’s it!  All along…  The solution…

 

I’ve been missing the old music.  Good music?  I don’t know, but I cut it out of my life when I should have kept at least some of it in.  Old memories. 

 

How do I look

theez Daze?

 

 
[10 Yrs later, how do I look? 


 – Ritch, 1999] 

 

‘Walk Away’ – The Sisters of Mercy



 

Remove the face of a man with a spectacular quiff and underneath you will find fizzing and spiralling organic circuitry of the most impressively illustrated kind…

 

Later:

 

TIME WAS, TIME IS…

 

‘Hail!  The White Grain’ – Death In June



 

Justine rang tonite and apologised.  I ‘let her off’.  We’ve agreed to ‘try again’.  We’re still together, the same as before.  I love her and I’ll always stick by her, as long as we can continue to understand each other.  She really is lovely, but she needs to play the game fairly.

 

The Supergrass was on tonite + I enjoyed seeing it again. 


Memories of ’86 flooded back, most notably my times at the old Wisbech Cinema and the early days of The Situation Corporation.

 

Today I also watched The Happiness Patrol in its entirety. 


I found the music beautiful, and the story unique + tender.  The final Helen A scenes were wonderful.

 

I also watched Part One of Doctor Who’s new adventure, Silver Nemesis for the 2nd time.  Glorious, wonderful stuff!


 

This may turn out to be the greatest season yet!

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Noises…’

No comments:

Post a Comment