The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 1 October 1988

Rock 'n' Roll Pissed


‘Thru With Love’ – Marilyn Monroe



 

TODAY

THE MORNING IN FEATURED: The phone call from Spock!  I chatted over the phone with Spock, and then walked the three miles into Wisbech

 

THE AFTERNOON FEATURED: Crisis issue 2


Ash, Shell, BACCHALLY’S, Natalia Wnek + The Two Doctors. 


Yes, I bought ish 2 of CRISIS, the comic-magazine I’m well into these days. 


It’s by the people that do 2000AD and I love it for the brilliant Mills/Ezquerra strip Third World War.


I read this in BACCHALLY’S and it was excellent.  I then went into WOOLIES with Nat, as she had just left off work.  Leaving her, I wandered around with Ash + Shell, before returning home to watch my video of Doctor Who: The Two Doctors again.

 

‘Wild Side’ – Mötley Crüe



 

THE EVENING FEATURED: Ash, Shell, Wis. St. Mary Village Hall, popularity, dressing gowns, strange ‘romance’, dancing, flattery and booze.  I dressed up, looking the best and most Gothic I’ve done for ages (I’ve been playing it down and looking a lot more ‘rock’ if anything).  I wore: Cuban-heeled suede boots (minus the metal toe caps) with a bootstrap (minus studs), tight black jeans with one ripped knee, black frilled shirt, leather jacket and gold-coloured dressing gown/housecoat over the top.  My HAYRE was GORGEY!

 

‘Twentieth Century Fox’ – The Doors



 

The party, in Wis. St. Mary Village Hall was ace.  Me ‘n’ Ash got ROCK ‘N’ ROLL PISSED and were surprisingly very popular.  I did some HARD slammin’ and brayed everyone else for a change, instead of the other way around.  The amount of people who spoke to me, liked me + even licked up to me was AMAZING!

 

Ash finished with Shell and chatted up Angela (a gorgey gothic Angel regular), while Shell got, understandably, upset.  I sat and consoled her.  I chatted to her, trying to talk it through.  However, our hands touched a lot in a more than just friendly way.  I do like her a lot.  I fancied her the moment I met her, of course, because that’s what I seem to do, but being Ash’s girlfriend put her strictly off-limits.  Ash doesn’t mind, though.  He even told me I should get off with her, because he reckons she fancies me, and he wants to move on, so me getting off with her would actually make things easier for him.  He really wants rid, but she’s so nice.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Unsent letter to Flash…’

No comments:

Post a Comment