The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 27 October 1988

Orinoco Flow


1.30pm.

 

‘Pump Up the Volume’ – MARRS



 


 

 I AM THE MAGNIFICENT…

DOCTORIN’

 

F.U. LADY YEE HAW!!!

 

Today, I missed the run-thru’, due to my illness.  But I just couldn’t keep away, so came into Tech later + painted another ‘traditional’ ‘SATAN’ on the other megalith.

 

I saw Justine, briefly, and gave her another letter I’d written.  She went to see The Wonder Stuff last nite, with Hamster.  I wish I’d gone.

 

YO, JUSTINE, YOU IS COOL AND GROOVY!

 

Later:

LATE.

 

My No.1: ‘Orinoco Flow’Enya




 

This is my Number One record, this week – and, quite coincidentally, it is the nation’s Number One single, too.  Great.  I’ve been fond of Enya’s stuff for about 2 years now – I think it was Tina Montgomery who introduced me to her The Celts album, which was great, and I love dancing to it at TRIANGLIA in early ’87 with Bella Murphy and co.  Good to see she’s charted and gone to Number One.

 



 

LJVE

 

AAACCCIIIED!

 

I READING THE DOCTOR WHO NOVEL
IT’S GOOOOOOD!

 

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Macbeth: Dress run…’

No comments:

Post a Comment